You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Use SHIFT+ENTER to open the menu (new window).
ARC Vision & Mission
ARC Council Members
ARC Executive Management
ARC Legislative Mandate
ARC Annual Reports
ARC Copyright Material
Agricultural Research Acts
Policy on the Applications of Biotechnology
POPI PAIA Manual
Tax Compliance Status Pin Issued
Workman's Compensation Letter of Good Standing
AP (Irene) Venues for hire
AE (Silverton) Venues for hire
IC (Rustenburg) Venues for hire
Infruitec-Nietvoorbij (Stellenbosch) Venues for hire
TSC (Nelspruit) Venues for hire
OVR (Onderstepoort) Venues for hire
VOP (Roodeplaat) Venues for hire
* Agricultural Engineering News Articles
* Deciduous Fruit Pamphlet Series
* Economic Analysis Reports/Studies/News Articles
* Factsheets on Spiders and Weeds Research
* Grain Crops Factsheets
* Grain Crops News Articles
* National Beef Scheme Newsletters
* PPR, SANSA & SAPIA Newsletters
* Small Grain News Articles
* Small Grain Production Guidelines
* Small Grain Radio Talks
* Tropical and Subtropical Crops Leaflets
* Tropical and Subtropical Crops News Articles
* UMLINDI Newsletters
* Vegetable and Ornamental Plant Leaflets
* Vegetable Production Guidelines
* Soil, Climate and Water News articles and Pamphlets
Training & Advisory Services
Careers at ARC
Human Capital Development Strategy
Choosing the Right Career
Professional & Graduates Development Programmes
How do I apply?
Contact ARC-Corporate Office
Contact ARC-International Relations
Contact Research Campuses
Deciduous Fruit, Vines and Wine
Emerging Pests and Diseases
F3: Fruit Fly Free
Plant Health and Protection
Plant Pathology and Microbiology
Smallholder Agricultural Development/Training
Soil, Climate and Water
Tropical and Subtropical Crops
Vegetable and Ornamental Plants
CSA Fruit Trees and Vegetable Crops Module
1. Which of these gases contribute to the greenhouse effect?
1. Carbon dioxide
2. Which of the following agricultural practices are major contributors to climate change?
1. Use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides & fertilizers
3. Which of the following can negatively influence crop production?
A. 1. Extreme events such as floods & drought
4. Climate change is only affecting large commercial farmers
5. Regenerative agriculture practices like minimum or no tillage, crop rotation, and cover cropping increase soil biodiversity and organic matter, leading to more resilient soils that can?
4. All of the above
6. Select the aspects below that can be considered a climate smart agricultural practice?
4. Control pests and weeds using integrated management approaches
7. Which of the following is NOT a farming method that is used to make agriculture sustainable?
1. Conserving water
8. Which of the following is an environmental benefit of sustainable agriculture?
4. Decreased biodiversity
9. All of the following are adaptive strategies to cope with climate change except?
2. Use of energy efficient methods and equipment
10. The following human activities produce greenhouse gases except?
3. Walking, biking, & swimming
11. Climate Smart Agriculture is based on which of the following principles?
4. Adaptation and building resilience
12. The major reasons for multiple cropping are?
2. To minimize soil erosion
13. How can trees play a role in mitigating climate change challenges?
5. All of the above
14. Advantages of mulching include which of the following?
1. Reduces evaporation and moisture loss from the soil
15. What is rainwater harvesting?
C. Collection and concentration of runoff from rainwater
16. What is rainwater harvesting used for?
D. All options
17. Mention three rainwater harvesting techniques
B. Tied ridging, In-field rainwater harvesting&Small pits
18. Mention four logic steps to follow in the design of a rainwater harvesting system
C. Deep cultivation, Compaction of the catchment area, Planting&Construction of the rainwater harvesting technique
19. Which type of roof is expected to collect the lowest runoff amount?
B. Flat cement roof
20. What material is NOT needed to establish a bag system vegetable garden?
C. Wire for supporting the bag
21. What are the advantages or benefits of the bag system?
E. All options
22. Which material/s can be used for mulching?
E. All options
23. When collecting grass from veld for mulching, avoid grass with?
C. Seeds; D. Rotten wood
24. Climate smart crop production is an approach for?
E. All options
25. What causes climate change?
A. Human activity that alters the natural environment; B. Pests and diseases; D. Depleted natural resources
26. Climate change effects are reflected by?
E. All options
27. Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies in crop production include?
A. Rainwater harvesting; B. Soil water conservation; C. Conservation agriculture
Created at 7/9/2021 1:39 PM by
Last modified at 7/9/2021 1:39 PM by