The first 3 columns (Research Focus Area", "Area of Expertise" and "Commodity") can be filtered to refine your search. Just click on the heading in the right corner of the highlighted area and select your preference from the drop-down that will appear.
* Sunflower breeding;* Genetics, genomics and genetic engineering for
yield, oil quality, and other traits;* Biofuel production and processing.
* Feed Safety - mycotoxin research
* Genetic Toxicology* In vitro toxicity and natural products isolation* Toxicology Diagnostics
* Culicoides identification, taxonomy and surveillance* Repellent testing using UV light traps* General biting fly identification.
* Collection and Submission of Specimens;* Collaborating and
reference centers;* Diagnostics & Submission Forms.
* Foot and Mouth Vaccines
- Antigen Production
* Foot and Mouth vaccines - Tissue culture services
* Tick-borne disease live blood vaccines
* Molecular diagnostics - African Horse Sickness
* Development of potential molecular diagnostic assays* Growth of viruses in cell culture* Testing reagents for use as diagnostic tools* Producing potential reagents for diagnostic tools (purified virus, DNA, RNA)
* Viral Diagnostics: - Virus isolation and neutralisation test - Haemaglutination inhibition - Agar gel immunodiffusion - ELISA
* Viral Diagnostics: - Complement Fixation Test - Agar gel immunodiffusion Test - Haemaglutination inhibition Test
* ISO17025 - Implementation* ISO17025 - Auditing
* Bacterial Serology Diagnostics* Brucellosis, Dourine & CBPP* Leptospirosis
* Molecular diagnostics of bacterial diseases: Q- fever, Anthrax, Campylobacteriosis, Brucellosis, Salmonellosis, Clostridial diseases etc. * Food borne diseases/pathogens* Non tuberculous mycobacteria
* Bacterial isolation and identification* Bacterial typing* Identification of zoonotic bacterial pathogen* Antimicrobial profiling of bacterial pathogens
* Biosafety and Biosecurity
* Diagnostics and epidemiology of Tuberculosis & Johne's disease
* Molecular diagnostics of viral and other veterinary pathogens
* Molecular Diagnostics - Corridor disease - Characterization of Theileria parva using next generation sequencing
* Diagnostics and Epidemiology of blood-borne parasites* Genomics of protozoa* Tick biology, taxonomy and systematics* Tick genomics, proteomics and transcriptomics
* Field based disease investigation
* Rabies Diagnostics and Research - validation of serological and molecular assays - virus characterisation - vaccine assessment
* Analysis of anti-nutritive and toxic factors in feeds and plants
* Tick Identification, sequencing & phylogenetics
* Heartwater vaccines development* Tissue cultures & Antigen production
* Chemistry & Pollution Risk Assessment* Food and Feed Safety* New Method Development & Validations* Residue Analysis- Antibiotics, Veterinary drugs, Mycotoxins * Pesticides and Environmental Contaminants* Risk Assessment, Exposure Analysis and Remediation
* Research on helminths of wildlife; * Helminth diagnostics; * Curation of National Collection of Animal Helminths
* Transboundary Animal Diseases Diagnostics * Transboundary Animal Diseases Research - Foot and mouth Disease - African swine fever - Peste des petits ruminants)
* Collection and storage of Specimen* Biobanking and Tissue culture services* Training * Laboratory Management Systems & PACS custodian
* Epidemiology & Heartwater diagnostics* Cell cultures* Amblyomma hebraeum tick breeding and infection with heartwater
* Foot-and-Mouth Disease: - Epitope mapping for improved vaccine design - Molecular development of improved diagnostic tests - Development and validation of FMD diagnostic tests for small ruminants
* Veterinary vaccine and diagnostic development: - Cloning. PCR. Nucleic acid extraction & Cell culture techniques - Virus isolation and purification - Vaccine development for Lumpy skin disease - Recombinant vaccine generation - Internal quality auditing of SANAS accredited ARC-OVR diagnostic laboratories.
* Veterinary vaccine and diagnostic development: - Cloning, cell culture, protein expression & animal trials.
* Recombinant antibodies* Vaccine research support and monitoring * Immuno-diagnostic development
* Vaccine Production, Epidemiology & Immunology* Vector Biology and ecology (Argasid Ticks)
* Vectored livestock vaccine development* Diagnostic test development support* Epidemiology of livestock diseases* OIE Reference Laboratory expert for lumpy skin disease
* Bacterial- and Comparative genomics* Identification of vaccine candidates
* Experts in immune transcriptomics analyses and interpretation of immune responses induced in large animal models by vaccines or pathogen infection.* Immune assays: LPA; ELISPOT; Phenotypic analyses on flow cytometry* Vaccine design: Identification of immune epitopes; DNA vaccines; nano vaccines